I thought it might be fun to put together a list of things you guys may not know about me. If anyone is interested in doing something similar, send me a link so I can be sure to read yours, and I'll share the link on my blog (is that called a linkup? I don't know. I'm not on the up and up on all these blog terms.).
1. I'm a lefty.
2. I hate beef. I haven't had a hamburger/steak/ground beef since I was about 15. Makes me gag.
3. I'm only 5'1. And that's on a good day.
4. I went to college on a voice and piano scholarship.
5. I pick at my cuticles in a bad way. I used to bite my nails, so I figure my cuticles have to be a step in the right direction. Hopefully I'll break the habit one day like I did my nails.
6. I rarely eat a meal that doesn't include some kind of cheese. I think that's the Italian in me.
7. My dad died when I was 6-weeks-old.
8. My mom is amazing.
9. My husband and I decided after 3 weeks of dating that we were getting married. We got engaged a year-and-a-half later, married 2 years after that, and nearly 6 years later, the rest is history.
10. Husband already had a dog named Forrest when we met. So naturally, I had to get Jenny and then the third addition was Lieutenant Dan. My parents also call each other Forrest and Jenny. And my sister-in-law's name is Jennie. Oh and my brother-in-law works for Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Not even joking.
11. I convinced my husband to join Twitter the night the US killed Osama Bin Laden because I found out the news about 2 hours before the press conference because it was leaked on Twitter.
12. I'll probably have the CIA and Intel following my blog due to the previous thing I listed.
13. I love karaoke. Like love. My song is Black Velvet. And occasionally At Last.
14. I will clip coupons for groceries and shop at TJ Maxx and be a total bargainer on most things. But I will pay an arm and a leg for a handbag I want.
15. I'm addicted to running, but there are days when even 3 miles seems brutal to me. You have to take the good days with the bad ones.
16. My first friend (or the first I can remember) and I are still friends--we met in kindergerten. We were in each other's weddings, and this year, we celebrate our 23rd year of friendship. And yes, we have friendship anniversaries.
17. I've mentioned it before, but I keep no less than 6 running lists at all times: running store to-do list, other freelance work to-do list, personal to-do list, house to-do list, grocery list and a "what I need to buy/pay for" list that at this very moment includes replenishing husband's Uno that I drank the other night.
18. I am having the hardest time dealing with pregnancy and infertility issues. But I believe it's making my marriage stronger. And just for that, once it's over, I don't think I will ever give back one day of our journey.
19. I've never been picky about my hair. I used to cut it myself. These days, I usually go to Walmart for a trim. I just figure it's going to grow out and look different in a couple of weeks anyway.
20. I'm definitely a morning person. Most days I'm up and working by 6am.